5 Key Components of Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing success is no easy feat – it’s a long game that requires a lot of work.
If you’re looking to step up your company’s social media presence, follow these five key components and you’ll see substantial progress in no time.
1. Strategize, strategize, strategize: Before getting started, it’s important to start with a solid social media strategy. To do this, you’ll want to find which social networks your company will be using, narrowing down the best fit for your business.
Does your target demographic spend more time on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn or YouTube?
Are you marketing services or products?
Is your demographic younger or older?
Luckily, there's plenty of research out there on social networks and their users. For example, Instagram users tend to be between the ages of 18 and 29, and Facebook users are 60 percent female!
2. Create original content: The best way to utilize social media is to create original and engaging content that will take your social media user from your page to your website. Publishing content on your website and immediately sharing it on social media is also an excellent way to increase your SEO. Whether you’re creating blogs or graphics, make sure everything you're producing is:
Informative: What are you trying to sell?
Shareable: Is it funny, personal or useful?
Applicable: Will your target user find it interesting?
And always remember to include some sort of a “Call to Action.” Using a question in the caption, like encouraging users to comment, share, like or tag a friend are brilliant ways to increase engagement.
3. Optimize everything: Spend some time finding and creating your content. Make sure you’re using images that are eye-catching, adding the proper hashtags and posting at the best time to reach your target audience.
4. Be responsive: Yes, automation is part of social media management and marketing, but it shouldn’t be the whole process. It’s important to interact with your users, answer questions quickly and respond to comments or inquiries to increase your engagement. Many companies are moving towards social media as a way to address customer service questions in the quickest and most efficient way possible.
5. Measure your results and adjust your strategy: See what’s working for your brand and what’s not. Looking at your page insights you can see what posts are getting the most traction and which ones have fallen short. From there you can narrow down the best type of media to share and the best times to post.
Every business should keep record of their social shares, clicks, conversions and traffic.
By adjusting your social media strategy, you’re more likely to meet your users’ needs which will ultimately increase your ROI.
Need help with your social media marketing? Contact Socialite Network and we’ll find the perfect social strategy for your brand (and your budget!).