5 Benefits of Social Media for Customer Service
The way we communicate is always changing.
Today, instead of picking up a phone to make a call, we send an email. And when we aren’t sending emails, we’re sending messages on social media.
Social media has become one of the fastest growing sectors for customer communication and HR.
There are several benefits of expanding your brand online, and taking care of your customer’s questions and concerns via social media.
Here are 5 benefits of using social media for customer service:
1. You can more easily manage your reputation: The bigger your business and your brand gets, the more people will be talking about you online regardless if your company is on those social networks or not. So instead of passively letting people talk about your brand, be a part of the conversation! Using social media tools like Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Buffer or Agorapulse, you can keep track of all of your company’s social media mentions, which will help you more quickly and efficiently respond to any customer concerns or complaints.
2. You’ll increase customer engagement, which eventually translates into new sales and returning customers: A huge part of social media marketing is engaging with your fanbase. It’s been proven that brands with higher social media engagements, have more loyal customers. The more quickly you can respond to customer’s comments, questions or complaints online, the greater chance they’ll return (with friends!). Other ways to engage with your fans online is by sharing engaging content, asking followers to use your branded hashtag or user name, and staying on top of brand-relevant current events and trending topics.
3. You can more easily manage and respond to brand crisis: One of the downfalls of the internet, is that at any moment someone can post something that can damage your brand. Whether it’s a disgruntled employee or a piece of promotional content that doesn’t sit well with your audience, people will jump on social media to find information about the blunder and share their opinions. But, if your brand is on social media, you can quickly issue a public statement and respond to any customer questions and complaints in a timely manner.
4. You’ll have quicker customer communication: Big brands already take advantage of this, and you can too if you get your company on social media. When dealing with customer complaints, platforms like Twitter are excellent spaces to communicate with your customers in real time.
5. You can recruit new employees: In addition to building customer relationships, social media networks are great platforms for recruiting new team members. In fact, Jobvite reports that employees found via social media we’re rated at the “highest quality” of workers.
The opportunities for business on social media are endless. While it is getting a bit harder to market goods and services on these networks organically, they still hold a lot of weight especially when it comes to building a loyal fanbase and customer care. When your brand starts using social media to its full potential – using both paid and organic marketing, sharing creative content and practicing customer care, you’ll notice greater returns, cut your marketing costs, learn more about your audience, gauge customer sentiment and reach new customers.
Need help with your digital marketing? Contact Socialite Network and we’ll find the perfect strategy for your brand (and your budget!).