The Latest SEO Trends For 2018
In the digital world, SEO (search engine optimization) is changing every day.
Especially as search engines like Google are updating their algorithms regularly to make paid advertising more and more essential, it’s important that you stay up-to-date on the latest SEO trends.
Here are a few of the latest SEO tactics to incorporate in your organic marketing strategy (via Search Engine Journal):
1. Keep Linking: In today’s SEO landscape, links are still a very important aspect of a website’s ranking. The more quality links you can include on your website or in a blog post, and the more you can get your content linked by outside sites, the higher your website’s SERPs (Search Engine Results Page) will be.
2. Create Quality Content: Just as it’s always been, links and content go hand-in-hand when it comes to search engine optimization. Yes, you still want to include keywords in your content, but you don’t want it to be unreadable. You want your content to be written by humans for humans, and at the same time, optimized for search. You’ll want to include all relevant keywords in your titles, meta descriptions, ALT attributes, H1 tags and URLs.
3. Website Design Matters: You’ll want to build a website that has a simple and effective design. This includes aspects like the website’s architecture (is it easy to navigate?), the website’s speed (how long does it take to load?) and the customer experience (is there a high bounce rate?).
4. Have A Mobile-Friendly Website: Google gives higher ranking to websites that have a responsive mobile design. Your mobile website needs to be consistent with the desktop version, have optimized content for your users, and a good page speed.
5. Hello, Voice Search: As voice search becomes more and more popular, you can optimize your website content by using natural language like long-tail keywords and answer user questions in your content. Another great way to capitalize on voice search is to create a FAQ page that uses a question and answer format to reach more voice search customers.
While SEO trends are changing daily, it’s important that you never stop researching the latest tactics and staying on top of search updates.
Need help with your social media or digital marketing strategy? Contact Socialite Network and we’ll find the perfect strategy for your brand (and your budget!).